Long Term Training Programmes
Training Programme Certified Shamanic Counselor (CSC)®
An in-depth training programme on how to safely and effectively introduce clients to the shamanic journey
Harner Shamanic Counseling (HSC)™, developed by Michael and Sandra Harner, is a methodology of spiritual learning that combines classical shamanism with important innovations for facilitating personal development in regard to spiritual and everyday issues.
Implementing the spiritual methodology of HSC, counselors introduce clients to the method of the shamanic journey and train them to use it safely and effictively. Clients are enabled to reconnect to timeless wisdom and acquire practically relevant information. The shamanic counselors support this process and provide instruction, orientation and methodological advice in ordinary reality.
Since HSC is a spiritual rather than a psychological system, it is not necessary for an HSC counselor to be a professional psychotherapist or other counselor. What does seem to be essential is that the counsellor be well-versed in the concepts and practices of shamanism and be a stable individual with sensitivity, intelligence, character and compassion.
The essentials of the HSC are taught in the four-day intensive workshop “Harner Shamanic Counseling™”. Participants who have completed this workshop can apply for the Training Programme “Certified Shamanic Counselor®” (CSC).
The certificate, issued by FSS Europe on behalf of Sandra Harner, entitles the holder to use the title “Certified Shamanic Counselor®” in the context of his/her counselling practice.
For further and detailed information, please contact the Foundation for Shamanic Studies Europe via email at email@example.com or by phone +43-650-7700660.
Recommended Reading: Harner, Sandra (2014): Ema’s Odyssey: Shamanism for Healing and Spiritual Knowledge. Berkeley: North Atlantic Books.
Requirements for certification as a “Certified Shamanic Counselor®”
- Successful completion of the Basic Workshop “The Way of the Shaman®” with an authorized faculty member of the Foundation for Shamanic Studies
- Dual successful completion of the workshop “Harner Shamanic Counseling™”, in two different roles
- Submission of the trainee’s own audio recordings as a client in his/her first HSC workshop
- Counselling practice: submission of audio recordings of at least 12 counselling sessions
- Completed workshops: successful completion of at least 100 hours of workshops with authorised faculty members of the Foundation for Shamanic Studies. Note: the Basic Workshop and the first attendance of the Counseling workshop will not be credited toward the required 100 hours
- Shamanic practice: documentation (a short written report) of regular shamanic practice – e.g. participation in a drum circle and/or days of practice, client-related work, etc.
- Written paper on how the standards of HSC are implemented in practice
- Supervision costs: bank transfer of € 300 to the programme leader as payment for editing the essay and evaluating the audio recordings
- Certification interview